CN75: Canine Massage & Bodywork for Owners and Trainers
Dates Coming Soon!
If you are interested in being notified when this course is offered please click here and complete the request for updates.
Join us for the 2-day Canine Massage and Bodywork for Owners led by Veterinarian, Dr. Mila Speciani.
Who this class is for?
- Owners, breeders, sport dog competitors and trainers who would like to learn more about their dogs and offer this modality on a regular basis
- Individuals who are planning to attend a certification course; it’s a great way to get a head start!
- Participants from other programs who would like to utilize the Caninology® Approach to Canine Body Work
Please note this is not a certification course and will not give you a qualification to practice professionally. Visit the CN3000 Caninology® Canine Body Worker Certification course; for more information please visit https://equinology.com/product/cn3000-caninologys-canine-body-worker-certification-course/. It will however give you a huge head start on the professional course.
This Canine Massage and Body Work Course will offer our unique blend of canine sports massage, soft tissue release and stretching. The classes presented with loads of hands-on practical experience, specimens and multimedia illustrations and video clips. You will also receive a course manual to support the techniques demonstrated.
While this course is billed as an Introduction Canine Massage and Bodywork course you will find that it offers more information than many basic massage workshops. This course is appropriate for a variety of individuals. For those considering working professionally in the field of canine bodywork, it provides an in-depth overview as to what is really involved. Although the course is not required to participate in our Caninology Canine Body Worker Certification courses, it will prove beneficial head start to those participants who plan to continue onto the certification course. Dog owners will benefit not only by learning the techniques but will also learn how to utilize bodywork as a regular assessment of their dog’s condition. Trainers and breeders will find that these techniques will help dogs in their care especially as these dogs advance in their training. Overall, the dog is the winner with improved health care, performance, comfort and communication with his caregiver.
Learning the techniques properly is not the only important aspect of canine massage. Body mechanics need to be considered for effective bodywork. Proper handling of the dog is essential. It does not do an individual any good if they learn to massage but then find they cannot continue because it is uncomfortable or painful to apply the techniques. Some applications have to be adapted to accommodate individuals and their dogs. Correct body mechanics and safe bodywork techniques are strongly emphasized throughout the Caninology program.
- Locating the surface anatomy
- Muscles addressed during the session
- Common areas of stress
- Encouraging communication and interaction during the session
- Differentiating between normal and pain responses
- Massage and bodywork techniques
- Correct and effective body mechanics
- Handling the dog for the session
- Improving your eye for gait and conformation assessment
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm with 1/2 hour for lunch.
Suggestions for prior and/or further studies: Although not required for this particular course, individuals may find the Caninology Online Canine Anatomy and Behavior Course Distance Study helpful. The CN3005 course is the required precourse study for our Caninology Canine Body Worker Certification Courses. Course details can be found at https://equinologyinstitute.com/product/cn3005-canine-anatomy-and-behavior-precourse-distance-study/
Must be comfortable working with dogs
HOW TO REGISTER
You can register on this site directly for all Australia onsite courses and all worldwide online courses. External links for non-Australia onsite courses will take you to the appropriate website to continue your registration.
Registering via the Website:
You can click on the course number and scroll down to the bottom of the link to register for the particular Australia location and dates. The USA west coast office currently registers all online courses directly no matter where you live. Follow the “register now” link which will take you to the secure shopping cart. Here you can pay with a major credit card or Pay Pal. We do not accept wire transfers due to the processing fee.
Registering via Phone:
Please call the office during business hours 10 am-1 pm Pacific Time: 707.377.4313. You have the option to pay via credit card, Pay Pal or can arrange to send in a check.
Registering via Mail:
You can send your payment (checks, money orders or credit card numbers including the expiration date, CCV and billing zip code) to Equinology, Inc., 610 Noah Ct, Napa, CA 94558. Credit card registrations are also accepted over the phone.
Students are not registered until the non-refundable/non-transferable $500 deposit is received for the course. The $500 deposit is credited towards your course tuition. Courses $500 or less are paid in full at the time of registration. Please take note that all tuition balances are due 60 days prior to the beginning of the course.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL STUDENTS:
To be eligible for our courses, a student must possess these skill sets:
High School English equivalency reading skills*
High School Graduate** or over 18 years of age
Clearly understand the English Language***
* Those who are not high school graduates need to take an “Ability to Benefit” (ATB) test. We now have our own approved alternative ATB exam specific to equine or canine. Please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org for the link, password and state whether this is for a horse or dog course. The exam is at no charge and you have 3 attempts to pass.
** Those who are under 18 years of age need permission from their parents or guardians. If the student is not a high school graduate, they will need to take and document the Ability to Benefit Test as described above with a minimum score demonstrating that they have the ability to benefit from Equinology’s instruction.
*** Equinology Inc. does not offer English as a Second Language instruction. It does not offer English language services of any kind.
If you have any questions, please call!
COURSE POLICIES AND REFUNDS
ONSITE COURSE REFUND PROVISIONS:
The deadline to enroll for onsite courses offered by Equinology, Inc® is eight weeks prior to the first day of class. Tuitions which are $500 and over will require a registration fee of $500 to enroll and these are nonrefundable and nontransferable. This $500 registration fee is credited to the total tuition of the particular course. There is no registration fee for the few courses that cost less than $500. Those courses which are less than $500 will require payment in full upon registration.
Any student that notifies Equinology, Inc. to cancel a course must do so in writing and has the right to registration and obtain a refund of charges paid towards the tuition prior to 60 days of the course commencement less the $500 non-refundable registration fee. Refunds must be requested in writing to Equinology, Inc., attention Mr. Paul Hougard, COO/CFO, at 610 Noah Court, Napa, CA 94558 or the Equinology email at email@example.com.
Confirmation letters as well as the course outline, things to bring, required study before the course (if applicable), directions and lodging will be sent when the deposit has been paid. The balance of the tuition is collected eight weeks prior to the start of the course date.
Our instructor’s contract policy allows us sixty (60) days cancellation after which we are locked into our agreement. If you are unable to attend this course you may sell your spot to another individual providing that person has met the course prerequisites. Please notify the office for the data correction.
Our refund policies are stated on the factsheet, confirmation letters and on the website. As a reminder, registration fees which are used as deposits for courses are nonrefundable and nontransferable . In the event that Equinology cancels a course due to low enrollment we will refund your registration fee and any monies paid towards the remainder of the tuition. We will not “roll” the registration fee (deposit) over to another course for you should you not be able to attend.
CANCELLATION OF COURSE BY EQUINOLOGY ®:
If a course should not run due to low enrollment or other circumstances, Equinology will notify the students 28 days prior to the course commencement and return all tuitions collected including the deposit. Although students may wish to make travel arrangement before this time, Equinology cannot be held responsible for travel arrangements made before the 28 days. Equinology also cannot be responsible for student travel expenses should the class need to be canceled due natural disasters, or sociopolitical conflicts or an instructor emergency (death or severe illness or injury of self or immediate family member). In the case of instructor emergency, we will substitute an appropriate instructor if available before canceling the course. We suggest you purchase travel insurance for travel arrangements in case of one of these rare incidents.
- You cannot be confirmed on a class list until the registration fee (deposit) is received and the appropriate documentation has been returned (enrollment form etc)
- You will not remain on the classlist and will forfeit your deposit if you do not pay the balance of your tuition by the designated date. We will attempt to contact you at least three times via email, text and phone.
- Please prepare yourself for the course if precourse study is required
- If a course has required texts, you should purchase these prior to the course
- Please read the list of things to bring
- In accordance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act: We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin
- If you have any questions, please call us, that’s what we are here for!
- Equinology reserves the right to cancel workshops due to circumstances beyond our control, including but not limited to, low enrollment, at which time all fees (including the registration fee/deposit) collected for the purpose of enrollment will be refunded.
- Equinology cannot be responsible for any losses incurred by registrants resulting from canceled or postponed workshops
- Equinology recommends that registrants secure travel insurance
- Registration fees (deposits) are non-refundable and non-transferable; no exceptions
- Tuition is due 60 days prior to course commencement
- A $25 fee is charged for any returned checks
- Any students without outstanding accounts are not allowed to register for any Equinology or Caninology course worldwide until their debt has been addressed and paid.
DISTANCE EDUCATION REFUND PROVISIONS:
For distance educational courses where the instruction is not offered in real-time, Equinology must transmit the first lesson and any materials to any student within seven days after Equinology accepts the student for admission. The student has the right to cancel the agreement and receive a full refund before the first lesson and materials are received. Cancellation is effective on the date written notice of cancellation is sent (see above contact information). If Equinology has sent the first lesson then the student is not eligible for a refund; Equinology shall not be obligated to pay any refund after the lessons and material are transmitted.