Animal Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (ASTR) certification
CERTIFICATION IN EQUINE REHABILITATION THERAPY!
Education for Professionals by Professionals
Learn. Anytime. Anywhere
Develop your understanding of equine injury – why does it happen? What are different treatment options? How do clinical medicine and rehab combine?
Discover the intricacies of equine rehabilitation from leading specialists through a fully evidence-based RACE-approved online course!
𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗗𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗚𝗘𝗧?
- 252 hours of RACE-approved continuing education – a hybrid course with online and onsite modules
- Module One: Online Equine Anatomy Review is a fully online module and examination, with a solid review of the equine musculoskeletal system and terminology, vocabulary, palpation of surface anatomy and muscle location. The module is optional for licensed equine veterinarians.
- Module Two: Evidence Based Equine Rehabilitation Lecture Series with the who’s who in the industry! You’ll participate in 37 fully narrated lectures from leading global equine sports medicine & rehab specialists from the comfort of your home.
- Module Three: Residential Lectures & Wet Labs. This is the 9-day residential module – the longest in the industry- taught by specialists, packed with hands-on experience in small groups.
- Module Four: Case Studies, Internship & Final includes the 24-hour internship, and a final examination for successful completion of the ASTR certification program.
- Interactive online course participant group
- 2 years of CE credits for IEBWA members (www.iebwa.com)
- Anytime access from anywhere in the world!
Want to learn more? Licensed professionals and eligible students can continue studies in the AASS RACE-approved Animal Sports Therapy & Rehabilitation (equine) certification program (a hybrid course model with online and practical learning)!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
CERTIFICATION FOR PROFESSIONALS:
Our flagship program, the Animal Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (ASTR) certification, is a post-graduate, 302-hour course designed exclusively for licensed professionals*
* Licensed veterinarian, chiropractor, osteopath, physical therapist/assistant, veterinary nurse/technician.
CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR NON-PROFESSIONALS
Graduates* of eligible equine body worker/sports massage certification programs, or graduates of an eligible equine science degree will obtain a Certificate of Completion of the ASTR program, indicating completion of continuing education. It is understood by non-Licensed Professionals who partake in the ASTR program, that completion of the program does not indicate a qualification or use of a title, nor the ability to offer services in the field of animal rehabilitation.
Ongoing via Distance Learning